Target groupPeople with disabilities
LocationZwedenburg 99, 2591 BC Den Haag
Minimum age0 year
- Volunteer policy
- Travel allowance
Middin is a foundation dedicated to people with a disability.
We welcome anyone who would like to volunteer.
For our Zwedenburg-location (Mariahoeve district of The Hague) we are currently looking for volunteers who would like to assist visitors in the use of the FabLab equipment.
A FabLab is a workshop (open to the public) with advanced computer-controlled equipment (like 3D printers, a laser cutter, CNC milling etc.)
For more information on FabLab: www.fablab.nl
An interesting volunteer opportunity. A chance to gain work experience at a nice, well equipped workshop.
A place in (and support from) our FabLab-team.
- that you have an affinity with people with a mental disability
- that you are able to interact with people in a respectful way and on an equal footing
- that you are available for one set day (or part of a day) every week
- an enthusiastic personality
- an interest in/experience with computers
- establishing contact with interested, prospective partners (residents and organisations) in Mariahoeve district
- operation and maintenance of FabLab’s equipment
- product development and the (joint) organisation of workshops
- assisting users of FabLab (local residents and clients from Middin, either on an individual basis or in groups)
FabLab Mariahoeve is a unique project that started in May 2017.
Would you like to gain experience in the further development of this special project?
Then please contact Lisette Kleijberg.
Number of hours per week
Activity supervision, Crafts, Communication, Computer and internet, Host/Hostess, Teaching/Education, Technical services, Health and care
Minimal level of educationmbo, vmbo
Days / Dayparts
|Thursday||Morning, Afternoon, Evening|
Required skillsPractical, Analyse, Thinking, Communicating and coaching, Creative, Chores, Learning, Entrepreneurship, Organising, Collaborating
Maximum group size0 personen
What do you get in returnAn ideal opportunity to gain a working experience in operating advanced (computer-controlled) equipment and to introduce its possibilities to others.
Middin, Locatie Zwedenburg
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2591 BC Den Haag
‘Middin’ provides people with a disability with the means to lead their lives as part of society and according to their own wishes. We trust in people’s own strength but some need a little support in shaping their lives. People need other people to shine. That is why informal networks with, for instance, informal caregivers or volunteers are of great importance. Passion, guts and warmth are core-values in our contact with both clients and familiy.
AC Zwedenburg offers support and participation opportunities to people with a mental disability. Clients work at their own pace and, depending on their individual skill levels, as independently as possible. Empathic abilities, respect and an affinity with the target group are essential.