Target groupNo specific target group
LocationParamaribostraat 20, 2585 GN The Hague
District(s)City center, Scheveningen
Minimum age0 year
- Volunteer policy
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life. The Centre is based in The Hague and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
We are looking for a volunteer to work on one of the EAC's core collections as part of a team of three volunteers. This is one of our largest collections and it needs to be re-organised and registered in our archival system. This is a great opportunity to get involved in an interesting organisation that is home to so many expatriate stories.
The work consists of:
• Cataloguing organisational documents such as correspondences, publications, photos, and minutes of meetings;
• Creating new archival and content descriptions and checking existing ones for errors and completeness;
• Creating an arrangement system and reference codes;
• Scanning of the material.
• Interest in social history and the archiving thereof;
• Capability to structure and organise on a very detailed level;
• Fluency in English;
• Experience in Excel;
• Experience in archiving or records management is ideal;
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
• Be able to volunteer a minimum of one day per week, preferably on Thursdays.
• Training on the job;
• A professional work environment;
• The chance to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills;
• A great volunteer team to work with;
• Unlimited chocolate;
• Superb lunch discussions!
To apply please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
For more information about the EAC, please visit www.xpatarchive.com.
Number of hours per week
Activity supervision, Administration and/or reception, Computer and internet
Minimal level of educationAcademic, College
Days / Dayparts
Required skillsPractical, Analyse, Thinking, Organising, Working methodically, Collaborating
Soort begeleidingIndividual guidance
Maximum group size0 personen
Expatriate Archive Centre
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2585GN Den Haag
The EAC objectives are:
• To curate and preserve unique source material documenting the experiences of expatriates of all nationalities and backgrounds
• To establish a centre of excellence for expatriation research
• To give the life stories of expatriates their rightful place in global migration history
The EAC’s mission is to collect and preserve the life stories of expatriates worldwide for future research.