Target groupAdults, Women, Refugees, Migrants
LocationWegastraat 44, 2516 AP The Hague
District(s)City center, Escamp, Haagse Hout, Laak, Leidschenveen / Ypenburg, Loosduinen, Scheveningen, Segbroek
Minimum age20 year
- Volunteer policy
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
- Enables volunteers to participate in training programs
We are looking for a Communications & Social Media Coordinator to support The Umbrella of Hope Foundation's (TUH) projects in The Hague and Uganda.
You will be responsible for managing all TUH's social media platforms and updating the website. You will also be responsible for carrying out research for relevant news, and creating communication and marketing materials, all to be posted on TUH's website and social media platforms.
You will be working directly under the Programs Coordinator and are available a minimum of 8 hours a week.
This position is suitable for a Bachelor student in his/her final year or a postgraduate student who is looking for work experience alongside his/her studies.
- A final year Bachelor student in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or any other relevant field. Postgraduate (Master level) students preferred
- Interested in development work, particularly in public health, education, community empowerment and supporting vulnerable groups
- Good at creative writing and content editing
- Experience with social media required (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Competency using Microsoft Office and WordPress
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
If interested, please send your resume/CV, a cover letter and a short writing sample to email@example.com by 7 February 2018. Please also direct all questions and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of hours per week
Communication, Computer and internet
Minimal level of educationAcademic
Required skillsThinking, Communicating and coaching, Creative, Working methodically, Collaborating, Painting/writing
Soort begeleidingGroup guidance
Maximum group size0 personen
What do you get in returnThis is a voluntary position, but transportation costs (within The Hague) can be reimbursed.
Stichting The Umbrella of Hope Nederland
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2565HS The Hague
Our Overall Goal:
Educating a sustainable future for development
The objective of the Foundation is to promote, support and advance research into educational achievement as well as play a leading role in supporting and improving the quality of educational programmes in Africa and The Netherlands, with a focus on underprivileged children, adolescents and youths.
a. Support initiatives in Africa that enable children to attend school in places where their access to education is limited or support projects that improve the quality of education or provide vocational training for adolescents and youth.
b. Set up and execute projects in the field of research into education, both in Africa and The Netherlands; i.e. by:
• gathering relevant data;
• processing and analyzing existing (or gathered) data;
• reporting analyzed data.
• Vocational education and training
• Sexual and Reproductive Health
• ICT and education
• Active learning and curriculum improvement
• Access to education