Target groupNo specific target group
LocationPaviljoensgracht 33, 2514 AM Den Haag
Minimum age30 year
- Volunteer policy
- Expense allowance
- Travel allowance
- Volunteer insurance
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
- Enables volunteers to participate in training programs
Rumi Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in The Hague. Rumi is dedicated to facilitating participation, independence, emancipation, welfare, care and education of migrants in general and refugees in particular.
Rumi Foundation has a project called ‘Refugee On Board’ which provides intensive support through coaching, training and counselling.
Rumi Foundation hopes Life Coaching will improve refugees’ chances of finding solutions for ‘regular’ life problems. For instance: where to go for help in case of relationship problems.
Rumi Foundation offers development programs for people to integrate within society at an easy and quick pace. The programs are in the form of professional life coaching and mentorship in areas like internships, relationships, work, finances and family life.
- intake interviews with refugees and establishing future personal goals
- coaching, supporting and advising refugees on how to cope with a variety of day to day problems
- contacting authorities/organisations if and when required
You will receive personal supervision during your time with us and a training on how to become an effective lifecoach.
- excellent communicative skills in Dutch, both orally and in writing
- preferably knowledge of Arabic and/or Farsi
- affinity and empathy with the refugee community
- some knowledge of refugee matters
- commitment, ability to work under pressure, teamplayer, proactivity
- motivator and go-getter
- you live in or in the vicinity of The Hague
- availability 6 to 8 hours a week
Would you like to support our project for a couple of hours a week as lifecoach? Then please contact Mrs. S. Sassani, tel. (06)39839006 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of hours per week
Consultancy and support, Individual care / Social assistance
Minimal level of educationAcademic, College
Required skillsPractical, Analyse, Thinking, Communicating and coaching
What do you get in returnBeing part of a new and growing organisation with lots of chances for dedicated volunteers. With only a few hours a week you can contribute to improving the lives of refugees in The Hague.
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2512 BL Den Haag
Rumi Foundation is a non-profit organisation, founded in january 2017 and based in The Hague. Our goal is to increase participation/emancipation within Dutch society of migrants in general and refugees from the Middle East in particular.
Our foundation seeks to reach its goal through:
a. developing and implementing various socio-cultural projects
b. coaching and counselling