Target groupAdults, Elderly, Women
LocationKoninginnegracht 15, 2514 AB Den Haag
District(s)City center, Escamp, Haagse Hout, Laak, Leidschenveen / Ypenburg, Loosduinen, Scheveningen, Segbroek, Outside The Hague
Minimum age0 year
- Volunteer policy
- Expense allowance
- Travel allowance
- Volunteer insurance
- Weelchair accessible
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
- Enables volunteers to participate in training programs
Stichting Present is an organisation that builds a bridge between volunteers who have something to offer and people that need help.
Helping others benefits you! Through our projects, you can practice your skills or learn new ones, improve your Dutch, do your hobby, meet other internationals and make friends, have fun and feel satisfied with your life. Research shows that volunteering decreases stress, anger, anxiety and loneliness, makes you happier, increases self-esteem and provides a sense of purpose.
Whatever you are able to do: cooking, knitting, playing the piano, singing, arts & crafts, painting walls, gardening, repairing computers or bicycles, cleaning, being a funny conversationalist or an active listener, you can brighten someone’s day and encourage them to keep going. You don’t need any expertise (but if you have it, it’s great), as there is always someone to guide you during the activity.
Someone out there is waiting to get to know you! It can be a child without parents or one who is not safe at home, a teenage mother, a man that is sleeping on a park bench, the elderly or residents from a mental care institution, all of them will be happy to meet you! Bring your friends, colleagues or family and join us!
You are totally free to choose the preferred activity, the date and time, according to your availability.
Number of hours per week
Activity supervision, Administration and/or reception, Communication, Crafts and hobbies, Cooking and eating, Art and culture, Cleaning, Health and care
Minimal level of educationCollege, High school
Required skillsThinking, Communicating and coaching, Creative, Chores, Learning, Entrepreneurship, Organising, Collaborating, Painting/writing
What do you get in return- Be part of a fun team
- Support from experienced co-workers
Present Den Haag
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2514 AB Den Haag
To act as bridge between the people who want to help and those who are in need.
Stichting Present is a national organization that organizes volunteer projects for individuals and groups on a monthly basis. What sets us apart from others is that we focus on the needs of the volunteer group first and match those needs with a suitable project in the community. There are two types of projects we typically organize:
- Social projects: coffee with lonely elderly, cooking for the homeless or organizing a fun afternoon for children with physical - or mental disabilities are just some examples of the social projects we organize. Many of the people we help are without a support network of friends & family or lack the financial means to spend on any non-necessary items, so even the little acts of kindness like these go a long way.- Practical projects: helping someone that is disabled move into a new home, painting a room or cleaning up a garden are just a few examples of practical projects. Often times the people we help are unable to perform these basic tasks on their own so while these projects may sound small they have a profound impact on the lives of those in need.
Project Coordinator - Internationals