Target groupPeople with disabilities, Adults
LocationDe la Reyweg 530, 2571 GN Den Haag
Minimum age18 year
- Volunteer policy
- Travel allowance
- Volunteer insurance
- Weelchair accessible
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
- Enables volunteers to participate in training programs
Our emergency shelter for the night has been made into a day-round shelter. This means that, at a daily basis, a daytime activities program has to be developed for up to 40 people in a vulnerable position.
Part of this program has to do with food awareness. We are currently looking for a volunteer with a passion for cooking and the enthusiasm to share his/her knowledge on the subject!
Together with some of our clients you prepare a nice lunch like a soup, sandwiches, pancakes etc. You and a few of the clients are also in charge of doing groceries at The Hague Market or Lidl.
You involve the clients in every aspect: from getting groceries to doing the dishes afterwards
Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 10:00 to 14:00.
- a committed volunteer with good social skills
- that you are able to make and keep appointments
- that you are able to work independently
- that you deal with personal information in a responsible manner
- that you are resilient and capable of setting boundaries
- a CGC, the costs of which will be reimbursed by the Kessler Foundation
If you are interested in this (or any other volunteer opportunity) at the Kessler Foundation please feel free to apply through our website!
Number of hours per week
Activity supervision, Host/Hostess, Cooking and eating
Minimal level of educationAcademic, College, High school, Primary school, Unschooled
Days / Dayparts
Required skillsPractical, Analyse, Thinking, Creative, Collaborating
What do you get in returnWe offer:
- insurance during your working hours
- travel allowance
- personal supervision
- volunteer meetings and themed evenings
- a few small gifts
Street and housenumber
De la Reyweg 530
Zipcode and city
2571 GN Den Haag
The Kessler Foundation is there for disadvantaged people, particularly homeless people who need shelter and/or care and guidance. The preservation of identity, participation and autonomy are central to our process. At the shelter, care and support are provided by an organization that wants to differentiate through innovation, quality and efficiency. It employs professional and loyal employees in a secure and certified organization.
Soup bus, night shelters, crisis, infirmary, flow-care, family day care, youth care, assisted living and nursing home.
Retail and counseling for clients.
Vrijwilligers Coordinator Kessler Stichting