Target groupNo specific target group
LocationParamaribostraat 20, 2585 GN The Hague
District(s)City center, Scheveningen
Minimum age0 year
- Volunteer policy
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
Join the Expatriate Archive Centre as part of our volunteer team!
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects, archives and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life for academic researchers. The EAC is based in The Hague and has a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, abilities, and ages.
The EAC has several different social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). We are seeking a volunteer to help create and manage the content for these accounts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Minimum of 1 day per week in the office (Mondays are ideal)
- Post to different social media accounts held by the EAC
- Use Canva (graphic design) and Buffer (social media management)
- Monitor activity on the accounts
- You must be interested in social media and experienced in using it, at least on a personal basis
- Native English speaker with an eye for detail
- Experience in Canva or other graphic design software
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good computer skills and internet savvy.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and a brief motivational letter to email@example.com.
For more information about the EAC please visit www.xpatarchive.com.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mkhmarketing/
Number of hours per week
Activity supervision, Management and organization, Communication, Computer and internet, Art and culture
Minimal level of educationAcademic, College
Days / Dayparts
Required skillsPractical, Analyse, Thinking, Creative, Filming/Photograph/Music, Learning, Working methodically, Painting/writing
Soort begeleidingIndividual guidance
Maximum group size0 personen
What do you get in return- Training on the job
- A professional work environment
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions
Expatriate Archive Centre
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2585GN Den Haag
The EAC objectives are:
• To curate and preserve unique source material documenting the experiences of expatriates of all nationalities and backgrounds
• To establish a centre of excellence for expatriation research
• To give the life stories of expatriates their rightful place in global migration history
The EAC’s mission is to collect and preserve the life stories of expatriates worldwide for future research.