Target groupNo specific target group
LocationParamaribostraat 20, 2585 GN The Hague
District(s)City center, Scheveningen
Minimum age0 year
- Volunteer policy
- Suitable for speakers of other languages
- Offers guidance to volunteers
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is the new secretariat for the European Ego-Documents Archives and Collection Network. One of our tasks as secretariat is to maintain the network’s website (www.edac-eu.eu). We are seeking a volunteer for a special project of creating a new version of its website. A new logo and colour scheme has already been developed. Remote work is a possibility.
The EAC collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life for academic researchers. We are based in The Hague and have a small, dedicated staff. We are supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers of different backgrounds, nationalities, abilities and ages.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Source possible website designs
- Work within WordPress to implement a new design at the above web address
- Experience in working with WordPress is a must.
- English language fluency
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- The ideal candidate will come to our office once a week, but remote work is possible
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and a brief motivational letter to email@example.com.
For more information about the Expatriate Archive Centre, visit www.xpatarchive.com.
Number of hours per week
Administration and/or reception, Communication, Computer and internet, Art and culture
Minimal level of educationAcademic, College
Days / Dayparts
Required skillsPractical, Creative, Tracking data, Organising, Working methodically
Soort begeleidingIndividual guidance
Maximum group size0 personen
What do you get in returnWe offer:
- A professional work environment
- A great volunteer team to work with and a lot of fun
- Unlimited chocolate
- Superb lunch discussions!
Expatriate Archive Centre
Street and housenumber
Zipcode and city
2585GN Den Haag
The EAC objectives are:
• To curate and preserve unique source material documenting the experiences of expatriates of all nationalities and backgrounds
• To establish a centre of excellence for expatriation research
• To give the life stories of expatriates their rightful place in global migration history
The EAC’s mission is to collect and preserve the life stories of expatriates worldwide for future research.